Helping to keep families close to the resources they need to thrive
Ronald McDonald Houses of San Antonio provides a safe and comfortable place to stay for critically ill and injured children who are receiving treatment from any one of San Antonio’s medical facilities and their families.
- A child (21 years or younger) suffering from a serious illness or injury his/her family may stay in the Ronald McDonald House if the following conditions are met:
- San Antonio has three Ronald McDonald Houses. Each house has different eligibility due to distance requirements. The child is receiving inpatient or outpatient treatment at a San Antonio medical facility. The family has been referred to the Ronald McDonald House by the child’s doctor, the doctor’s nurse, or by a social worker in communication with the child’s doctor.
- The child is accompanied by an adult family member or guardian.
- The medical staff has determined that the child’s illness presents no danger to the other residents of the House.
Each family is assigned a private room (only four people to a room) with a bathroom. All families share a large community kitchen and dining area. The kitchen is stocked with basic kitchen items, including pots, pans, dishes, glassware, and some basic food items.
There are living areas with TV’s and children’s playroom and game room. The House provides linens, towels, laundry detergent, free laundry facilities, and cleaning supplies for your stay.
RMHC of San Antonio relies on donors and the community for support of daily operations. Donations are accepted by our guests if they so desire. No family has ever been turned away due to the lack of finances.
Taxi vouchers are available, 1 voucher per day per family.
Things you need to know prior to your stay.
- Once a family is referred, the family will be put on a waiting list for their arrival date.
- Rooms will be assigned on a first-come basis.
For questions regarding staying with us call (210) 614-2554.